With our unique blend of consulting services and broad professional network, the Family Legacy Alliance team can help address specific needs and challenges for your business. Learn more below, or contact us to build a custom consultation package.
GROWTH & TRANSITION PLANNING
Our focus is getting business owners ready to sell or buy and then helping them after the sale to protect and preserve assets. 90% of transition success is driven from adequate preparation. In collaboration with Growth and Acquisition, LLC, Sarah Beyne and Michael Stuart have joined together to form a valuable and essential partnership, each with over 40 years of experience running, growing and successfully transitioning businesses.
For many owners the concept of transition begins well before the decision to sell the business is made. For us, transition is generally characterized as growth, change of ownership or retirement.
Our process is very straightforward. It begins with an introductory meeting to evaluate fit. From there, we’ll discuss the elements of effective transition planning, such as:
- Are you ready to sell the business?
- Have you thought through what happens after the business sells? (e.g., emotional and financial preparedness)
- What is the value of the business? Is it realistic to expect that from a willing buyer?
- If not, what must be done to increase the value of the business?
- To whom would you like to sell and when?
- How will the transition be funded?
- Who is on the client’s team of advisors?
- Is an intermediary needed? (e.g., M&A firm, business broker or investment banker)
- Are contingency plans in place if the owner doesn’t make it to or meet their planned exit?
- Are plans in place to protect the family, their assets and the business should something happen to the owner?
Learn more about our process here, then get in touch with our team to get started today!